Project Details - Ended
- Contract Number:290-09-000027U
- Funding Mechanism:
- AHRQ Funded Amount:$153,304
- Principal Investigator:
- Project Dates:6/30/2009 to 10/29/2010
- Medical Condition:
- Health Care Theme:
In order to develop a research agenda on the intersection between mental health and health information technology, this project convened a workshop between the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s Center for Primary Care, Prevention, and Clinical Partnerships, and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). The resulting research agenda will serve as guidance for future research, and will help to facilitate partnerships between both the mental health and health information technology communities. The main objectives of the project were to:
- Establish what is known about the impact of health IT on improvements in mental health care interventions, coordination, fairness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Identify gaps in knowledge.
- Determine infrastructure needs for under-resourced settings.
A white paper was written by a technical expert panel which helped to inform the content of the workshop itself. The workshop was held at AHRQ in late May 2010. The white paper is being revised following input from the workshop attendees. It is anticipated that the white paper will be released at the end of 2011 or early 2012.