- Remove Emergency Department filter Emergency Department
- Remove Indiana filter Indiana
- Remove Clinical Staff filter Clinical Staff
- Remove Radio Frequency Identification Device filter Radio Frequency Identification Device
- Remove Health Information Exchange filter Health Information Exchange
Search found 3 items
The research team will implement and evaluate an integration application that incorporates relevant health information exchange data directly into the electronic health record in the emergency department.
This research assessed the use of a health information exchange system in emergency department settings, finding that although overall usage is relatively low, additional functionalities such as single sign on add value to clinical decision making and enable faster retrieval of patient records from external sources compared to traditional methods when embedded into existing workflows.
The Indiana Network for Patient Care, an operational health information exchange (HIE) in central Indiana, is one of six AHRQ sponsored State and Regional demonstration projects begun in late 2004 and early 2005 to create State or regional HIEs.