- Remove Hospital filter Hospital
- Remove Emergency Department filter Emergency Department
- Remove Indiana filter Indiana
- Remove Appalachian Regional Healthcare, Inc. filter Appalachian Regional Healthcare, Inc.
- Remove Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis filter Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Remove Acute Care filter Acute Care
Search found 3 items
The research team will implement and evaluate an integration application that incorporates relevant health information exchange data directly into the electronic health record in the emergency department.
This research assessed the use of a health information exchange system in emergency department settings, finding that although overall usage is relatively low, additional functionalities such as single sign on add value to clinical decision making and enable faster retrieval of patient records from external sources compared to traditional methods when embedded into existing workflows.
This project integrated an electronic medication reconciliation system with an electronic prescribing system and evaluated whether the resulting system altered the rate of medication reconciliation and the incidence of medication errors.