- Remove Disseminating and Implementing Evidence from Patient-centered Outcomes Research Using Mobile Health Technology (R21) filter Disseminating and Implementing Evidence from Patient-centered Outcomes Research Using Mobile Health Technology (R21)
- Remove National Resource Center for Health IT (NRC) filter National Resource Center for Health IT (NRC)
- Remove Smoking Cessation filter Smoking Cessation
- Remove Technology Usability filter Technology Usability
- Remove Consumer Health Informatics filter Consumer Health Informatics
- Remove Standards and Classifications filter Standards and Classifications
Search found 5 items
This project developed and tested a tablet-based decision aid to assist primary care providers in applying patient-reported outcomes to smoking cessation and found that the tool facilitated more conversations about smoking cessation between patients and providers.
This project enhanced the Children’s Electronic Health Record Format (Format) by identifying a high priority set of 47 functional requirements from the initial larger set, and creating a list of 16 recommended uses of the Format along with implementation notes.
The project conducted an environmental scan and grey literature review, and key informant interviews to identify consumer product development practices that may be relevant to the design of consumer health information technology.
While health information technology (IT) systems are expected to significantly reduce medication errors, studies have found that issues with usability and information design can actually facilitate errors or decrease the efficiency gains made possible by health IT.
This project developed a children’s electronic health record (EHR) format that contains the requirements for data elements, standards, usability, functionality, and interoperability for a pediatric EHR.