- Remove Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08) filter Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08)
- Remove Transforming Healthcare Quality Through Information Technology (THQIT) - Implementation Grants filter Transforming Healthcare Quality Through Information Technology (THQIT) - Implementation Grants
- Remove Rural Populations filter Rural Populations
- Remove Ended filter Ended
- Remove Administrative System filter Administrative System
- Remove Acute Care filter Acute Care
Search found 3 items
Implemented and evaluated a voluntary system for reporting medical errors and adverse drug events in eight small rural hospitals; identified barriers to technology, described the epidemiology and root causes of the errors, formulated quality-improvement interventions, and disseminated the results of the project.
Implemented advanced information technology in rural and small community hospitals including Web-based business intelligence tools, Internet connectivity, and standardized national measures of patient safety and quality; also provided education intervention to support implementation efforts and evaluate its effects on patient safety and quality.
Built upon an existing infrastructure to construct a fully integrated EMR to give clinicians real-time access to patient data through pharmacy management, laboratory management, patient scheduling, barcoding, clinical physician order entry, electronic signature, insurance eligibility, and Pyxis medication-dispensing units at nursing stations.