- Remove Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08) filter Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08)
- Remove Transforming Healthcare Quality Through Information Technology (THQIT) - Implementation Grants filter Transforming Healthcare Quality Through Information Technology (THQIT) - Implementation Grants
- Remove Administrative System filter Administrative System
- Remove Medication Management System filter Medication Management System
- Remove Acute Care filter Acute Care
Search found 6 items
Implemented the time-insensitive predictive instruments built into the computerized electrocardiograph in emergency medical service settings and emergency departments; also evaluated its impact on reducing errors and avoidable delays in emergency care.
Implemented and evaluated a voluntary system for reporting medical errors and adverse drug events in eight small rural hospitals; identified barriers to technology, described the epidemiology and root causes of the errors, formulated quality-improvement interventions, and disseminated the results of the project.
Implemented advanced information technology in rural and small community hospitals including Web-based business intelligence tools, Internet connectivity, and standardized national measures of patient safety and quality; also provided education intervention to support implementation efforts and evaluate its effects on patient safety and quality.
Built upon an existing infrastructure to construct a fully integrated EMR to give clinicians real-time access to patient data through pharmacy management, laboratory management, patient scheduling, barcoding, clinical physician order entry, electronic signature, insurance eligibility, and Pyxis medication-dispensing units at nursing stations.
Implemented an integrated electronic patient medical record, electronic medication administration record, computerized physician order entry (CPOE), and clinical decision support software that is accessible at all participating facilities which include an acute care hospital, home health care agency, ambulatory clinics, a rehab facility, and to the patient/resident from home.
Implemented an interactive video-conferencing system at rural hospitals to provide continuing education for pharmacist and pharmacy technicians as well as a model for bedside verification of medication administration and medication bar coding; also evaluated structure, process, and outcomes related to improvement of patient safety and more effective patient medication management.