- Remove Patient Safety filter Patient Safety
- Remove Human Factors filter Human Factors
- Remove Indiana filter Indiana
- Remove Kentucky filter Kentucky
- Remove Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis filter Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Remove Jewish Hospital & St. Mary's Healthcare filter Jewish Hospital & St. Mary's Healthcare
Search found 3 items
This project will develop decision support tools that integrate with electronic health records to increase the quality and effectiveness of chronic pain care.
Implemented and trained users of a Web-based electronic record system in the emergency departments of two small community hospitals, one medium-sized community hospital, one rural hospital, and three private primary care physician practices; evaluated the reduction in medical errors, waiting time, and costs as well as patient and physician satisfaction.
Created a prescribing tool with decision support (checking dosage, contraindications, and drug interactions) that can be easily integrated into a provider's practices; implemented and piloted tests the tool to evaluate its benefits and costs.