- Remove Minnesota filter Minnesota
- Remove Wisconsin filter Wisconsin
- Remove Ended filter Ended
- Remove Electronic Health Record/Electronic Medical Record filter Electronic Health Record/Electronic Medical Record
- Remove Clinical Decision Support System filter Clinical Decision Support System
- Remove Specialty Care filter Specialty Care
Search found 3 items
Drs. Pascale Carayon and Ben-Tzion Karsh led a team that studied the existing research related to the impacts of health IT on workflow in outpatient settings and how health IT can be used to assess workflow in these settings. The information led to the development of a toolkit to help small and medium-sized medical practices assess their workflows before implementing a health IT system.
Implemented an interactive video-conferencing system at rural hospitals to provide continuing education for pharmacist and pharmacy technicians as well as a model for bedside verification of medication administration and medication bar coding; also evaluated structure, process, and outcomes related to improvement of patient safety and more effective patient medication management.
Assesses the implementation of CPOE/ EHR systems in 4 intensive care units (ICUs) and evaluates the value and outcomes of patient safety involving medication errors; quality of care; end users' job tasks, perceptions, and attitudes; and financial impact.