- Remove Johns Hopkins University filter Johns Hopkins University
- Remove University of Southern Mississippi filter University of Southern Mississippi
- Remove Rural Populations filter Rural Populations
- Remove Caregiver filter Caregiver
- Remove Primary Care filter Primary Care
- Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
Search found 3 items
This project seeks to develop an understanding of the cognitive work of clinician teams and family members involved in pediatric trauma care transitions in order to design usable and useful health information technologies.
Expands upon an electronic medical records-sharing initiative for high-risk infants and their families in Mississippi, linking new health centers and clinics and serving a rural area that spans 17 counties; uses telemedicine technologies to enhance evidence-based developmental care for newborns in acute care hospitals; and creates Web-based decision support resources for physicians who care for infants.
Developed, implemented, and evaluated a cooperative effort for using health IT to facilitate a continuum of appropriate medical and developmental care, from the time infants are admitted to Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs), through the transition process to community-based health care services for infants most at-risk for long-term neurodevelopmental problems.