A National Web Conference on the Clinical Decision Support Authoring Tool
AHRQ hosted a Web conference to provide training on AHRQ’s Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Authoring Tool, which can help develop interoperable, standards-based CDS via a user-friendly application. The tool is offered as part of the AHRQ-sponsored CDS Connect project, which demonstrates how evidence-based research can be more rapidly incorporated into clinical practice through interoperable decision support. Presenters reviewed the CDS Connect project and provide an authoring tool demonstration.
At the conclusion of this Web conference, participants should be able to:
- Develop logic, including inclusion and exclusion statements and define the recommended intervention.
- Discuss how to develop “base elements” that can be re-used across logic statements, along with features that enable users to develop subpopulations and how to handle errors.
- Use synthetic test data to verify that authored CDS logic works as expected.
- Save and download their logic expression and provide an understanding of the components of the downloaded zip file.
- Understand how other systems and tools developed by the CDS Connect project (i.e., the Repository and CQL Services) can be used to share and implement the logic developed within the Authoring Tool.
CDS Connect Project Lead, MITRE
CDS Connect Technical Lead, MITRE
Edwin Lomotan, M.D.
Medical Officer and Chief of Clinical Informatics, Division of Digital Healthcare Research, Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement, AHRQ
Eligible providers were able to earn up to 1.5 CE/CME contact hours for participating in the live webinar.
If you have any questions, please send an email to DigitalHealthcareResearch@ahrq.hhs.gov.