Transforming Healthcare through Patient-Generated Health Data Integration
- Presentation Slides (PDF, 7.7 MB).
With the advancement of digital technologies, patients can easily collect their own health data outside of the clinical setting to track and manage their health. While these technologies are promising, many ambulatory care practices lack the technical infrastructure, functional workflows, workforce capacity, and training to support the use of patient-generated health data (PGHD).
Our expert panel of speakers discussed opportunities and recommendations for PGHD integration in ambulatory care settings, and shared:
- Findings from a recent environmental scan that explored opportunities for PGHD integration and the subsequent Practical Guide that was published to aid ambulatory care providers as they integrate PGHD into their practices.
- Examples from two health systems that use different technical approaches to collect and integrate PGHD with electronic health records.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Understand the current state and recommendations of PGHD integration.
- Learn different technical architectures and workflows that support the collection and integration of standardized PGHD either self-reported by patients or directly from devices.
Chun-Ju (Janey) Hsiao, Ph.D.
Eligible providers were able to earn up to 1.5 CE/CME contact hours for participating in the live webinar.
If you have questions, please contact DigitalHealthcareResearch@ahrq.hhs.gov.